Today is Valentine’s Day do you have something special for your someone special? If not I have this easy DIY Valentine’s Day chocolate box gift sure to titillate your love. My girls and I love chocolate so much we got creative in the kitchen and created a box completely made out of chocolate. My girls were excited to see something they created actually work and the plus is they get to eat it too!
The great thing about this box is it takes little to no time to make and if you have chocolate chips laying around you can make this box in under a couple of hours. If you have strawberries you can dip them in chocolate as well or buy strawberries already pre-made for you. This box can hold ice cream, brownies, cheese cake, engagement rings, you name it you can do lots of stuff with this chocolate box.
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips or Chocolate Candy Melts (your amount of chocolate may differ based on the size of your container)
- ½ tsp of oil of choice (olive or coconut oil)
- 1 plastic container of choice
- Take your plastic container and with a basting brush rub all over the inside of the box with oil. This will help the chocolate not to stick to the box once it is hard.
- Take a small sauce pan and on medium heat melt about one cup of chocolate chips or chocolate melts. The amount of chocolate needed will depend on the size of box you are making. The one we made is (4.5" X 3.5" X 1.75")
- Once all your chocolate has melted pour it into your oiled plastic container and use a spoon to spread it up the sides. If you chocolate is too hot at first and slides down the sides let it sit for a minute or two and then proceed using the spoon and spread the chocolate up the sides until you can get it as even as possible.
- Once you have the chocolate even on all sides and the bottom as smooth as you can get it put it in your freezer.
- Give your box at least an hour to freeze or more depending on the type of freezer you have.
- Once your chocolate is totally frozen carefully take your box and flip it upside down in your hand. Run the bottom of the plastic container under warm water and on the sides until the box starts to slide out.
- Carefully slide the box out and place on a plate and put back into the freezer.
Whatever you get your love for Valentine’s Day I hope they enjoy it and you have a wonderful Valentine’s Day.
Latest posts by Amee (see all)
- How to Easily Stop Smoke Detector Beeping or Chirping - July 31, 2016
- I Lost My Hero - June 23, 2016
- Damage is Done No Matter The Time - June 9, 2016