I have two cleaning tips that make cleaning your dirty grime filled, art work cover walls easy and inexpensive.
Tip One: Baking Soda is your best friend!
- Take a bowl and pour some baking soda in it.
- Take a clean sponge and get it damp.
- Press the sponge into the bowl of baking soda until bottom of the damp sponge is lightly coated with baking soda.
- In concentric circles rub on the wall in the dirty area and watch the grime and dirt clean right up.
- You will need to rinse your sponge out and wipe down your wall to get any residual baking soda, but your wall will be nice and clean again.
This works on brightly colored walls too, as I tested it on my bright red accent wall in my living room.
Baking soda works on marker, food, and dirt, but not on crayon. Many years ago I watched a show from HGTV and Sabrina Soto was getting a house ready to sell. This particular family had a couple small children who loved to draw on the wall with crayons. Sabrina said a trick is to use toothpaste and rub it over the crayon marks on your walls, then use a clean damp sponge and rub away. Her tip works great and any kind of tooth paste seems to work as I had several different brands on hand to test out.
Once your walls have dried if there is still a residue take a damp cloth and rub down the cleaned area and you are done.
I hope my easy and safe wall cleaner tips will help keep your walls cleaner at the fraction of the price of repainting and safer then using the heavy-duty cleaners.
Do you have any cool cleaning tips to share?
Latest posts by Amee (see all)
- How to Easily Stop Smoke Detector Beeping or Chirping - July 31, 2016
- I Lost My Hero - June 23, 2016
- Damage is Done No Matter The Time - June 9, 2016