Easy DIY Christmas Ornament Wreath Tutorial
|November 26, 2012||Posted by Amee under Project Ideas|
I said it before and I will say it again I am NOT the crafty type at all. Crafting scares me because I am no Martha, but the other week I happened to be with my three children in the craft aisle and there it was staring me straight in the face. I paced back and forth a couple of times wondering if I could really use such a device and create beautiful with it. After another minute of thought I grabbed it and threw it into my cart. After almost 35 years I was a glue gun virgin. I know GASP! How could I not have ever touched a glue gun? I am not sure of that answer probably dumb luck, but now that I have a glue gun I will NEVER go back. “Glue guns rock!” as one of my girlfriends said to me when I posted I finally took the crafting plunge to my personal Facebook wall.
- Glue Gun
- Glue Sticks
- Wreath of some kind I used a twig one, but you could also use anything really a picture frame, a pool noodle first covered in fabric, anything!!
- I randomly selected ornaments based on what I had and I would first put hot glue on the wreath and then place my ornament where I wanted it positioned. Once dried in place I would check to see if there were any other areas touching that needed glue and added in more glue.
- I then did the same thing adding in the next ornament, but also put a little dab of glue between each ornament connecting them together.
- I kept doing this until I had ornaments clear around the wreath and last-minute I added in the accent ornament the peace star. You do not have to add in an accent, but if you have a bow, or a spectacular ornament you can choose its’ placement.
There is nothing too it, but a few burnt fingers and lots of help from my kiddos. Even Ayla my 11 month old helped me chew on a few ornaments and my other two helped glue ornaments in place.
If I can do this so can you! It was easy and I used items from around my home, but this wreath can be made for less than $10 if you had to go and buy all the supplies minus the glue gun of course.
What favorite crafts you have created using your glue gun? Comment Below!
Where I Party:
I Should Be Mopping the Floor | Happy Hour | Hands On As We Grow | Saturday Show & Tell | Tater Tots & Jello | LiveRenewed | Hearth & Soul Blog Hop | Frugal Days Sustainable Ways | Strut Your Stuff Saturdays | Fancy This Fridays | Power of Pinterest Pinning Party | Adventures In Mommy Land | Your Creative Timeout Party | Iron Chef Mom | Create & Inspire | TidyMom | A Bowl Full of Lemons | A Little Nosh | Take It On Tuesday | Part Time Housewife | Live Laugh Linky | Weekly Kid’s Co-op | Two Kids Cooking | Cybele Pascal | Sunday Scoop Linky Party | Centsational Girl | Six Sister’s Stuff |
Incoming search terms:
- ornament wreath tutorial
- Source: www10356.aboutcollegeessay.com/fashion-industry-high-school
- christmas names for crafting products
- easy diy christmas wreaths
- how to do easy christmas ornaments tutorial
Subscribe below and never miss a post!