The other day I fed my kids a huge carton of red raspberries and somehow my mischievous five-year-old son walked off with his bowl. My son is known to experiment with his food. To my horror my son had taken his raspberries and stomped them into the floor. The raspberries had been in my tan colored carpet for at least three or four hours before I noticed the stain.
The stain was BIG and bright red, but I knew a little trick my youngest sister taught me a couple of years ago. You want to know my trick? It is so simple and yet so effective. I went to my kitchen, pulled out a sauce pan and filled it with water.
Boiling Pot of Water A Stain Fighter?
- Fill a 3 quart sauce pan with water
- Place pot on stove and turn on high
- Once water is at a rolling boil take off stove and with hot pads pour boiling hot water over the stained area. (Please use caution when using the boiling water if little ones or pets are around as they can get burnt)
That is all I had to do to watch that horrible ground in raspberry stain disappear before my very own eyes. Then I took a towel and gently patted the carpet until all the water and seeds were gone. The carpet looked like nothing more than water had spilled on it and it dried perfectly.
The Stains Boiling Water Will Fix:
- Red Wine
- Blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries
- Oily spots or marks (depends on what the oily spot came from, but I have been successful in getting oily spots out of my carpet as well.
You can even do this trick on clothing and watch the stain disappear.
I have used this method of getting rid of stains on all of the above and it even took out a three month old mashed in blueberry stains I never got to.
Hurry up I know you want to go and boil some water and try this magic stain fighter too!
Do you have any cool stain fighting tricks up your sleeve? Comment below!
Disclaimer: Inspired-Housewife is not at fault if you happen to spill boiled water on yourself. This is only a helpful tip so no lawyers please! 🙂
Latest posts by Amee (see all)
- How to Easily Stop Smoke Detector Beeping or Chirping - July 31, 2016
- I Lost My Hero - June 23, 2016
- Damage is Done No Matter The Time - June 9, 2016