Spicy Tuna Dip
|February 5, 2012||Posted by Michael under Appetizers, Dad's Corner, Gluten-Free|
Welcome to Inspired-Housewife! My name is Amee. I love to share what inspires me. You will find a little of everything from How to Get Pee Stains Out of A Mattress to recipes like Who Knew? Gluten Free Bread in a Crock Pot. I would LOVE to have you subscribe via RSS or by e-mail on the right sidebar to automatically receive every post.
This recipe for spicy tuna dip is actually my own creation. Yes, dads can cook too! It is gluten-free and tastes great with crackers as a dip or in sandwiches as a spread. My wife does not even like tuna much, but she can’t stop eating this one.
2 – 12 ounce cans of chunk light tuna in water
1 – 6 ounce can of tomato paste
3 – 4 tablespoons of olive oil
1 large chopped onion
1 tablespoon minced garlic
3 1/2 tablespoons of brown sugar
2 teaspoons of chili powder
3 teaspoons of paprika
Cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper to taste (I like mine spicy, so I add more cayenne pepper and no salt).
1. Preheat oil in skillet on medium-high.
2. Sauté onion and garlic until golden brown and soft.
3. Add sugar to onions during last couple minutes of cooking until sugar is melted.
4. Combine Sautéed onion, garlic and sugar with the remainder of the ingredients.
5. Mix everything together well, and season with cayenne, salt and black pepper if desired.
6. Serve freshly-made dip, but it will refrigerate fine for several days.
Incoming search terms:
- spicy tuna dip
- spicy tuner dip
Subscribe below and never miss a post!Subscribe to Posts in a Reader or by e-mail.