Crock-Pot Chicken Parmesan
|January 24, 2012||Posted by Amee under Gluten-Free, Meats, Slow Cooker|
Welcome to Inspired-Housewife! My name is Amee. I love to share what inspires me. You will find a little of everything from How to Get Pee Stains Out of A Mattress to recipes like Who Knew? Gluten Free Bread in a Crock Pot. I would LOVE to have you subscribe via RSS or by e-mail on the right sidebar to automatically receive every post.
This is a relatively easy recipe for Crock-Pot® Chicken Parmesan. The most difficult part of this recipe is breading the chicken and browning it in a skillet. I make it with the gluten-free option I give below.
About 6 fresh chicken breasts
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 – 45 ounce jar of spagetti sauce
1/2 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
2 cups of shredded mozarella cheese
1 cup of Italian bread crumbs or for a gluten-free version, I use crushed Rice or Corn Chex® cereal mixed with 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning.
1. Heat skillet to medium temperature and pat dry the chicken.
2. Place thin layer of sauce into bottom of Crock-Pot®
3. Bread chicken and place in skillet until breading is lightly browned.
4. Place browned chicken into bottom of crock pot® and cover with a layer of sauce.
5. When a layer is complete in the Crock-Pot® , cover with the mozarella cheese and then sprinkle over some parmesan cheese.
6. Repeat until all of the chicken is in the Crock-Pot® and top is covered with the cheeses.
7. Cook on low for about 5 hours.
Disclaimer: Crock-Pot® is a registered trademark of Sunbeam Products, Inc.
Incoming search terms:
- gluten free crock pot chicken parmesan
Subscribe below and never miss a post!Subscribe to Posts in a Reader or by e-mail.