Super-Easy Crock-Pot Vegetarian Chili
|January 19, 2012||Posted by Amee under Gluten-Free, Slow Cooker, Super-Easy Recipes, Vegetarian|
Welcome to Inspired-Housewife! My name is Amee. I love to share what inspires me. You will find a little of everything from How to Get Pee Stains Out of A Mattress to recipes like Who Knew? Gluten Free Bread in a Crock Pot. I would LOVE to have you subscribe via RSS or by e-mail on the right sidebar to automatically receive every post.
This is a super-easy Crock-Pot® vegetarian chili that is basic, but excellent. Over the years I took what I liked from various chili recipes to create this one my family loves. Although this is a vegetarian chili, if you wanted it with meat, the proper amount would be about one pound of ground beef or turkey. Another ingredient to add additional flavor is to use one envelope of dried onion soup. Because the MSG in these packets affects my son, I do not use it in my own recipe.
1 ¼ cup chopped onion
1 ¼ cup chopped green pepper
6 cloves garlic pressed or use garlic to your taste. I like the 6 cloves.
2 – 14.5 ounce cans stewed tomatoes, undrained and sliced into smaller pieces
2 – 15 ounce cans red kidney beans, drained. Use a single can of you don’t like many beans.
1 cup water
3 Tablespoons chili powder
1 Tablespoon paprika
shredded sharp cheddar cheese for sprinkling on top if desired
1. Sauté in small amount of olive oil – onions, peppers and garlic until lightly done.
2. Place sautéed items into Crock-Pot®, and add remaining items (exclude cheese) and stir together.
3. If you use meat, lightly brown in skillet, and then place it into Crock-Pot®. I do not use meat in this recipe for my family.
4. Cook on low for 4 hours, stir occasionally.
5. As an alternative really super-easy method, which is also very good, you can place the raw peppers, onions and garlic straight into the Crock-Pot® without being sautéed. I do this if I want a longer cook time on low of about 8 hours. Both methods work well for me.
6. Add cheese to individual servings, if desired.
Makes approximately 8 servings.
Disclaimer: Crock-Pot® is a registered trademark of Sunbeam Products, Inc.
Incoming search terms:
- easy crockpot vegetarian chili
- easy vegetarian chili slow cooker
- easy crock pot vegetarian chili
- vegetarian chili crock pot
- crock pot vegetarian chili recipe easy
Subscribe below and never miss a post!Subscribe to Posts in a Reader or by e-mail.